Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I changed the timing belt and drive belt. A few days later, when I start the engine, I hear a squealing noise from the engine. When I accelerate the noise goes off. Can anyone tell me what is happening? Thank you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know this answer is really late but if you here a spuealing noise coming from under the hood 9 times out of 10 its the serpentine belt. You may need to adjusted it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If the belts are new just tighten them. New belts tend to "grow" initially with the heat and then when they are loose they squeek.

·
Registered
107 Posts
or if they are overtightened they can squeal, they will also screech if its really cold outside or if your car has not been turned on for a long time. This is mostly caused by belts that are not tightened to the proper torque.

are all the belts replaced? Such as the Power steering/ac/waterpump and alternator belts? there should be 2 belt sets. If those are replaced then tighten it up a little bit till there is no squeaking, if it increases then loosen it a little till it stops but DONOT adjust it when the engine is on!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts