Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Just picked up a 96 sephia w/17000 orig miles. Engine Idles rough when in gear with A/C on. new plugs,wires cap... did not solve rough idle(car runs fine while driving) picked up the idle to about 1100rpm idles smoother but kicked on check engine light. Mechanic cleared code idle still about 1100rpm. Mechanic said these cars just run rough like this. recently check engine light came on code 101(thanks Autozone) mpg 21, car still ran OK after a few days check engine light went off and my MPG went up to 25. Any idea what MPG this car should get (drive suburbs not to much stop and go). Also anybody have an idea about the check engine light?
Thanks Rich

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well the first place to start is the CEL. Have the codes read in autozone and rmember the number (s). Then check on the net and see what the codes are for. That should be where your problem is. By the way check and see if the distributer is leaking any oil. I have the 1.8 engine and with mostly hwy driving I get 34mpg, mix driving brings it down to 30mpg and I have close to 90KM on the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Autozone said code 101 was mass air flow. it is 1.8 automatic tranny. I'll take a look at the distributer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts