Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 kia sportage. body lift, suspension lift, 31-15.50
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you find the largest ring. smalest pinion set for the 2001 kia sportage? Is it the same ratio as the front?

·
Registered
97 Sportage,Landrover Disco II
96 Posts
Hi Burk,

Same ratios front and rear.
5.38 is the only replacement that I am aware of sourced through Korea.

I have just ordered a new rear R&P for myself As I have a wicked diff whine and have fo7nd a few teeth from a previous service in the bottom of the rear. However the Sporty is still trucken on with no vibration etc.

when I had my original set up put in I had solid pinion spacer put in instead of crushable ones to strengthen my setup similar to a front land cruise diff.

cause of the rear diff teeth coming off I am not sure of :

could of been a number of issues,

incoorect diff setup
movement in the drivetrain with my lift setup ( I am at 4 inches in the suspension alone)
driver abuse (. I can’t help myself sometimes and the sporty has been through to L plate leaners and then there P’s. My oldest son used to drive through the gears pretty hard Without much mechanical sympathy.

Any way ordering is easy enough, send an email with your country and postcode/zip code for Michael to quote and he will send you back a quotation

[email protected]

Best of luck with it.

cheers Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have ben scouring for biger ones:( it would be nice to have some low end back with the 31 15.5 it doesn't turn them very well with stock gearing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I ordered the 5.38 r&p set frome Korean place. How do I get a master install kit and do I need one? I'm shure I need a crush sleav but how and where do I get it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts