Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had this sportage for about one month- Has ran fine ,took it on a trip = 300 miles ran great until i got home ,now it seems to idle rough and has a miss to it.
i have = changed plugs,wires,timing belt ,water pump,fuel filter,fan belts,fuel pump,MAS, this all before i took it on this trip.There is no lights (check engine) or other lights on so i do not know which way to look?
i did check the plugs and wires they seem to still look all right...

Any help on this ? :)

Thanks in advance.......

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi there,

I had this same problem on my 97 sportage 4x4- it was a super rough idle and was missiong big time- I changed the fuel filter which helped quite a bit, but I also got the plugs changed and that fixed it- I know you said you replaced the plugs- Are they gapped correctly? I'm no mechanic, but I know THAT mistake from experience- best of luck!!

Jennai

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info - today i had the plugs changed and even put another new fuel filter on - while messing around with it i found that the number 2 cyclinder was not working-my plug is firing but i am not getting fuel to that cyclinder...
i removed the fuel injector plug (electrical) and it made no difference in the running? still misses, my question now is can it be bad or do i just need to clean it?
is there somewhere i can find a diagram of how to remove it?
have looked for a book and no one seems to have it......

Thanks,repo11

·
Registered
10 Posts
Repo11.
I own a 1995 Sportage. It has the SOHC in it . These motors needs to have their valves adjusted. The valves were out of adjustment on mine and it didn't want to idle and I lost a lot of power !!
Good Luck
Dondobe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts