Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

hello i just bought a kia sportage 4x4 and it needs a little work done to it. i tried to buy a book but that was a major laugh :eek: i have water leaking onto the passanger floor board and the engine missing a little i would love it if some one could give me some ideas

·
Registered
349 Posts
Unfortunately you bought yourself a major problem if that "water" leaking into the passenger compartment is engine coolant. So I guess the first question is....Is that water due to a leak from rain or is it engine coolant?

If it's engine coolant that means the heater core is leaking. Replacement is absolutely no fun if your Sportage has air conditioning. First, the entire center section of the dash has to come apart. Such as radio, heater controls, etc. Then the A/C system has to be discharged and the evap core removed. Then you can get to and change the heater core. It is a job best left to a pro. Especially since once everything is connected back up you have to recharge the A/C system with refrigerant.

You can find details of this nasty operation at http://www.kiatechinfo.com. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news if it is the heater core.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts