Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio 1.2 ISG LX 5D
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing the 17" alloys from the 2013 TX model I really wanted these on my new EX but was told by the Sales Person that it will cost an extra 2000 EUR.

They offered me a set of 18" rims from a Kia Soul with 225-45-18 Hankook Ventus Evo Pro V12 rubber (see attached photo).

This costs 800 EUR on top of the 916 EUR winter tyre package and means that the 18" rims with tyres will be costing a whopping 1716 EUR. I'm also not sure what they will look like on a white 2013 Cee'd SW.

However this configuration does not sound right to me and from what I have read the tyres should 225-40-18. Could someone please confirm this?

Also are there any dealers out there who sell official Kia alloys at much cheaper rates?

Many thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
Kia Ceed SW 1.6 CRDi
33 Posts
You are correct. I originally fitted 7.5x18 on my SW. Due to some wheel distortion caused by potholes, I replaced them and now have 8.5x18. Both were fitted with 225/40x18 tyres; any bigger than this and they will foul the rear arches when the car is loaded.

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
Dark grey alloys on a white car look really nice - don't be worried about the looks.

·
Registered
2013 Rio 1.2 ISG LX 5D
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know for certain which Kia vehicle these are these fitted to?

·
Registered
Kia Ceed SW 1.6 CRDi
33 Posts
I know the ride on a 2008 model is reported to be firm anyway, but I can't say I have noticed it being any worse than it was. The handling is significantly better. I have been with it all over Europe and on some pretty rough roads; it has taken them all in it's stride. It is just those damn potholes which catch you unawares...

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
I know the ride on a 2008 model is reported to be firm anyway, but I can't say I have noticed it being any worse than it was. The handling is significantly better. I have been with it all over Europe and on some pretty rough roads; it has taken them all in it's stride. It is just those damn potholes which catch you unawares...
Is that with the 18's listed in OP mate? I actually like the firm kinda ride of the pro, and definitely love the look in white, so with those dark big wheels I'm sure it'll look well tasty.

·
Registered
2013 Rio 1.2 ISG LX 5D
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These are the wheels I want. Was told that they are "over 2,000€"! Anyone know the exact cost or if there are any online places that can source them cheaper than main dealers?

Attachments

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
Unless you really want exactly those, why would you buy KIA rims ?
There is a plethora of choices from various vendors, most of them selling rims of better looks/quality for less money.

·
Registered
2013 Rio 1.2 ISG LX 5D
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The reason is because I could not stretch to the TX (Trim level 3/4) model and this is something that I really liked on the higher spec models plus they can add them into the Finance package. I like to keep the car looking stock as possible but with the higher spec items.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts