Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Picanto 1.25 auto 2017
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had our Picanto for a little over a month and generally impressed with it however I have a bit of a problem that I'm getting increasingly concerned over.

When we first drove the Picanto we would notice at times a slight jiggling almost bouncing at speeds around the 60-70kph mark. At first i thought experimenting with tyre pressures might improve matters. Made no difference. Then I filled up with 91 ron as recommended and the car felt a lot worse. Rang dealer who confirmed the first tank was premium 95 ron. So we changed back and whilst definitely smoother the jiggling / bouncing feeling remained. I've stuck with 95 ron since. Today I thought I'd park up and go through the rev range as my gut feeling became such that it was perhaps an engine speed vibration issue or possibly a misfire. Plus it has really began to become annoying.

Rising the revs slowly from idle in park when 2100rpm was reached I discovered the whole chassis judders and then stops shaking soon after around 2300rpm. Repeated several times with the same result. Held as best i could at 2100rpm constant judder / shaking but doesn't seem to be misfiring and no harsh vibrations felt in steering wheel or pedal.

Car is booked in for a check over tomorrow but thought I'd see if anyone can shed light on probable cause. I just hope its not a "characteristic of the car" poorly balanced crankshaft rather than a simple fix like a defective engine mount.

With it being an auto its not like I can intentionally keep out of this rev zone as you could with a manual. Fingers crossed its a simple fix.

·
Registered
Picanto Gt-line 2018
4 Posts
Hello,

i own the same model and i am experiencing a hiccup on 2nd gear between 1500 and 2000 rpm. Did you manage to find a solution in your case?

Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
2012 Kia Picanto with the same issue

Hi

Have you found the fix for the issue you had on you 2017 Picanto ?

My 2012 has the same issue

·
Registered
2 Posts
'12 Picanto 1.25

same issue here mine is on 116000 km now , not sure what it is
did major service
used different fuels
the other things is that it doesnt happen all the time - thats abit wierd so im not sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts