Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 spectra SX 2 weeks ago with ABS. I want to know if anyone knows where I can get a set of 16 in budgets rim new or used for the Spectra SX (same wheels as for Spectra 5)

I am not sure of the specs. The site says it has 6.0jX16 alloy wheels with 4-114.3 lugnut specs. I am not sure what the offset is, so I do not know what to ask stores carrying used parts. I am not interested in 15 inch wheels. I am not sure how mileage is counted, but if it is by revolutions, it will decrease my warranty miles by one- sixteenth and I am not sure I want that.
Most suppliers carry 7x 16 wheels instead of 6.0jx16. I am also not sure what the permissible offset range is . I saw discount tire advertise some more expensive rims with offsets in the range 38 to 40.

So anyone know where I can get budget new or used 16 in rims and what specs to use.
Also one option is to put Goodrich Traction A/T tires on the current rims (on eof the few tires AA traction rated)and hope they will be good for a Michigan winter in the Detroit area. Anyone have any experience with these all season tires in the winter? Otherwise I am looking for a winter tire on separate rims. I have a 80 mile daily roundtrip commute, so I can't screw around with tires unsafe for winter.
I live close to Windsor Canada, so a canadian solution is also oK
Thanks for any help
Drew00

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
I was in the same boat as you are about three weeks ago when I purchased a set of Michellin X-Ice snow tires. I ended up putting them on the current rims because Im going to get some different wheels for the summer. The snow tires went good in the little bit of snow we had a while back.
Not sure where to get a set of wheels for it at a good price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. How much did u pay for the Michelins and where did u get them?
drew00

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra
14 Posts
I also got some winter tires for my spec5 since the factory Firestones did absolutely no good in the snow. I got the Hankook W404 series and had them placed on my factory wheels also at $489 from Discount tire. Very much improved the snow driveability. The size I got was 205/55/16.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sedona
110 Posts
:whistling: Hello, I replaced the 15" wheels on my EX with 16" wheels and tires, new take-offs from ebay. Checked with online calculators and the difference between 15s and taller tires and 16s with factory low-wide tires was only about .2 mph at 60 with the 16 inchers actually showing a slightly lesser distance per rev of the tire.

The car handles corners nicely with the new wheels/tires purchaced for $200 plus 120 shipping! Now I have a spare set of rims to put high grip snow tires on next fall.

I just bought my EX used with 14k miles, my son has a 2004.5 with 20k, and I had an '03 Rio as a 2nd car for 15k miles. Think these are pretty good cars, and not only for the price advantage. George in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
64 Posts
if anyone is interested i have my factory 16" alloys i took off my sx after about 1500-2000 miles just sitting in a garage. im in vegas if anyone is interested make an offer+shipping or if your in vegas you can just pick them up from me.
[email protected] .><<< respond there if interested.

herbd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts