Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I be sending my Carens for the 1000KM servicing, tomorrow.
Any pointers? Is it going to burnt a whole in my pocket?

Thanks,

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi there

understand tat u own a new 2.0l carens. i am quite interested, especially now that it cost only 62999... quite a gd deal, also since i am not really needing the additional last row seats 100% of the time...

anyway, i am trying to find out as much as i can abt this car b4 i make my final decision.. so perhaps u can help me out.

is there much difference between the 1.8l and the 2.0l? besides the new engine, any other changes to the looks, etc?

what are the features available on this new 2.0l? does it have airbags? the aircon is manual, any auto function? (most likely not hor, seeing the low price) btw the meters are still the same as the 1.8l one? what is the color of the default lights ah? nowadays i see cars with blue meter lights, quite stylo.

if u dun mind, how much u got it for? what is the included in the default package?

so far i hv not seen a 2l carens at any of the places that i park, so no chance to look see, look see the interior. haha..

btw, what is ur present fuel consumption? i know the older model carens fc is very jialat (my fren used to own one), so i think with the cvvt engine, should better that right?

thanx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

My answer are in the >>. I hope it will help ypu to make a better decision

understand tat u own a new 2.0l carens. i am quite interested, especially now that it cost only 62999... quite a gd deal, also since i am not really needing the additional last row seats 100% of the time...
>>When I brought it that time advert price was $68K. However, after that the lady
>>gave me discount of $1K(for agree to take guarantee COE deal) and than
>>another $1.5K(first telling me that the Carens comes with ONE airbag and
>>electric folding side mirror and then later saying that she make a mistake and
>>$0.5K(tee-kum at the angpow tree). So in actual fact the cost is
>>$65K. So you should ask for more discount. Dare dare must ask for more
>>discount

anyway, i am trying to find out as much as i can abt this car b4 i make my final decision.. so perhaps u can help me out.

is there much difference between the 1.8l and the 2.0l? besides the new engine, any other changes to the looks, etc?
>>Before Caren 2.0L, I drove a Honda City, manual 1.5L VTEC. So can't
>>give idea on how the Caren 1.8L looks or feel like.

what are the features available on this new 2.0l? does it have airbags? the aircon is manual, any auto function? (most likely not hor, seeing the low price) btw the meters are still the same as the 1.8l one? what is the color of the default lights ah? nowadays i see cars with blue meter lights, quite stylo.
>>Someone in the forum did mention that he got a DVD palyer wiht LCD?,
>>while my is only a audio systems. I think the accessories are changing
>>vey fast. I got rite cool, other got nothing.It is best to check with the sales >>directly. Actually, I have yet to notice the default dshboard light. I tell
>>tomorrow.

if u dun mind, how much u got it for? what is the included in the default package?

so far i hv not seen a 2l carens at any of the places that i park, so no chance to look see, look see the interior. haha..
>>The interior is quite acceptable for the amount of money. Honestly, I am quite
>>happy. Although, I could be happier if the leather is must thicker...and maybe
>>less plastic on the door.

btw, what is ur present fuel consumption? i know the older model carens fc is very jialat (my fren used to own one), so i think with the cvvt engine, should better that right?
>>As my mileage is less then 2000Km, so it not vert accurate.
>>The last time I computed the FC was about 7.3L/KM. The sales man, told
>>me for the 2.0L it can 9L/km, which is acceptable for a auto, 2.0L car.
>>However, here are a couple of plus: the rear anti glare mirror is COOL.
>>It turns greenish automatically when it becomes glaring.
>>The rain sensor wiper is also cool. Very useful for light rain.
>>Very comfortable for the driver.
>>Power comes in very smoothly at about 2000rpm
>>However, here are a couple of minus:
>>The pick power is not good.
>>When turning at slope corners in mutli storey car park the car tends to rock
>>Almost no boot space.

Regards,

·
Registered
7 Posts
thanx for ur reply

leather seats are standard? read in the papers only front seat leather or something like that.

ya, korean cars for the lower price, inside a bit plastic la. i drive an accent, so i know la.

how is the noise level inside the stock car?

so you saying that this car no airbags and electric side mirrors all la, is it?
for mid size mpv all very little boot space. btw i see from the brochure that this caren at the boot actually got compartment is it? like the toyota picnic... anyway for mid size mpv, want boot space, fold down the seats. want seats then passengers hold on to your own baggage.. haha.. btw, how is the space at the rear? i took the old carens before, for me sitting there, short distance in singapore ok la, but if go malaysia, then a bit jialat.. haha. the aircon powerful enuff to cool the rear passengers?

anyway now the advertised price is 62999, if coe drop or wat ,dunno can go below 60k anot hor.. if can, really good deal...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Certainly it is full leather for all the six seats for my purchase.

Noise level wise is acceptable. You have try hard before you can hear the engine idle noise. Just up the audio and you will hardly hear the engine noise. While driving, it's mainly the tire and the road friction.
(Although, I would says that for my Honda City I could hardly hear the engine at idle, even if I try very hard)
No airbags. It was suppose to be able to close the side mirror holder electricially(it comes with the electric adjust mirrror). If you drive in the North South Highway, closing your side mirror holder helps reduce wind drag abit, at 100Km/h or more...
However, you can manually closed it manually.
One thing about the mirror at the driver side, it does not have a auto up level, athough there is a auto down mode.

If you fold up the last 2 seats, then there is actually plenty of space for baggage.
The rear seat is good for kids up to at most 11-12 years old, in additon, provide the kid is not those more than 5ft tall and have long legs

The aircon is quite OK. But I intend to fix a fan behind. The Carens comes with another power socket on th rear. Besides, you have to set the blower to includes downward blow. However, that means that you get it at the front. However, what I did was to tape the aircon duct beneat the dash board, thus forcing more air to the rear... :)

Honestly, I please with the Carens at the moment. My concern is the FC. I would get a more accurate figure mauch later as the meter is only about 1500km.

Regards,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yo,

I'm the guy with the Carens with the LCD screen. Here's what I got :

- roof mounted LCD screen
- double-din LCD touchscreen head-unit (DVD/VCD/CD/MP3 player)
- CD changer (non-VCD/DVD)
- electric folding mirror (button next to handbrake handle)
- driver air-bag
- 2-tone leather seats (black/grey)

Everything else is the same as what user700 has described, except I did not get the Rikecool. Will be going for VKool soon. Mine is a Carbon Grey, almost (but not quite) black.

The DVD player and roof mount LCD was requested by me, as I was trading my previous car which was also a Kia. List price when I booked for it early March was $72k, with all the rebates and discounts, got it at $68k.

Mileage is about 2000k, and my FC has gone over 8km/l. So I'm quite happy. Hopefully will be able to reach at least 9. Got a friend who is driving the 1.8 Carens, and his FC is 7-8km/l.

This month's Torque and Motoring magazines has a write-up on the Carens 2.0. Supposedly, power and torque are up 10% from the 1.8 version.

Driving it around was ok. Not really used to the bigger windows, sometimes get a bit dizzy after a while. Also, got to get used to the turning. Just got a small scratch on my rear rim at the petrol kiosk while doing a U-turn to get to the car wash.

It's a value-for-money car, if you need the additional row of seats, or if you need the additional boot space. If not, I think you'll be better off with another car.

Hope this helps.
:57:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

You wrote:
>>Mileage is about 2000k, and my FC has gone over 8km/l. So I'm quite happy.
>>Hopefully will be able to reach at least 9. Got a friend who is driving the 1.8
>>Carens, and his FC is 7-8km/l.

Any particular petrol type? There were feedback in this forum that Shell gives better FC. I am looking to install window visor, so far unable to find a shop, do you have any information on the window visor

Regards,

user700

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi bro

ur deal not bad hor. i trade in my hyundai, also brother ma, dunno can ask for the dvd touchscreen anot. i dun need cd changer also. btw u trade in ur old kia, u get only scrap value or more? how old was ur old car?

I read in the papers that the carens 2.0l comes with driver airbag. and u also mentioend u got the electric folding side mirrors. This one is standard or u got to ask for it?

btw for the 2l carens, is there a logo saying cvvt or 2.0, etc? because i see at the carparks all carens only put EX at the back, not sure if its the 1.8 or 2l model. this morning i took a peep at 2 SFT plates carens, i cant see any blowers at the back. Supposed to be on the floor is it? can it be seen? actually the seats at the back is ok, only that it is like almost flat on the floor right? so if u sit there, its like u got to squat down. . haha..

i saw a stream that has got 2 fans installed at the back seats. the fan is like those old days taxi one. i got like more stylo fans, not bad hor..

·
Registered
7 Posts
btw the meter light what color ah? like those normal cars, greenish is it? the aircon controls quite stylish hor, but if got auto aircon, then sui liao. and put the gear stick at the dash or steering column, like stream or trajet, then free up the space between the front seats...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
meter light - greenish. Not the style-lo blusish type. :(

I trade in my 3 years old Honda City. scrap vaule + $2K.
Mine got no airbag, no electric fodling side mirror either. But I think the new offers
have them.

It's CVVT engine. I open the bornet, I could see the CVVT imprinted on the engine
itself. As well, I also Hyundai logo on the engine. EX is just the Carens seies name. The 1.8L I think is also call the LS series.(Just guessing)

The aircon blowers are under the middle seat. Cannot see these blowers from the
outside. There are 2 sets of blowers. One under each middle seat. The blowers are not very strong. As I did was to tape off the blower beneath the dash board as to force more air to the rear.

Yes, is more like squating then seating for adult. For kids of less then 12 years old (meduim build) it OK. Certianly not for adult or big size kids.

Regards,

user700

·
Registered
7 Posts
oh still greenish type, normal ones la.. shd put bluish white,then more elegant.. to match the aircon controls all...

there is a hyundai logo on the engine? same engine as the trajet, tuscon i heard.

are the aircon blowers available only on this new model? last time i tumpang my fren old carens, never notice got air coming from below. all i know is quite stuffy if sit last row during the day. at nite, bearable la. i sit quite tiring, especially that time i sit behind with my wife + 1 2yr+ kid and 1 few months baby.. wah very cramp.. and the kids dunno how to sit still, even more cramp.. haha

u tape the blowers, air behind strong enough? like the other guy idea of putting fan, not bad idea actually. if got stylish box type fan, small one, put also stylo and practical..

eh guys, hope u dun mind me asking so many questions hor. just that i dun find that much info on the carens on any of the kia forums..

thanx a lot

1 - 12 of 12 Posts