Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Sportage LX 2013
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to create a checklist of things I'd like to replace to ensure longevity of our 2013 Sportage LX AWD. Currently this is what's on my list to do or have done.

1. Brake Fluid Flush & Change
  2. Coolant Flush & Change
  3. Oil Change
  4. Air filters interior and engine bay replacement
  5. Spark Plugs
  6. Coil Packs
  7. Rotors will be replaced
  8. Timing Chain?
  9. Belts
I know the transmission is sealed and never supposed to be changed out, but some still have I hear. What else do you guys suggest?

·
Premium Member
2019 KIA Sorento SX - 3.3L GDi V6 - AWD
829 Posts
+1 ^^^^

There is no such thing as "lifetime" transmission fluid. Definitely change it out.

Richard

·
Premium Member
2019 KIA Sorento SX - 3.3L GDi V6 - AWD
829 Posts
...or a “filled-for-life” (sealed) transmission, I should of added to my post above.

Filled-for-life typically means “filled for the life of the warranty”.

If you are planning on keeping your Sportage for a long time, and it sounds like you are, be sure to change the fluid in it on a regular basis (100,000 miles is, in most cases, too long a time to go between drains, most people change it out every 50-70,000 miles - more often if they tow and haul).

Rebuilding an automatic transmission can easily cost more than $2,000. A brand new one will cost much more. Change the fluid.

Richard

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
485 Posts
I'm looking to create a checklist of things I'd like to replace to ensure longevity of our 2013 Sportage LX AWD. Currently this is what's on my list to do or have done.

1. Brake Fluid Flush & Change
  2. Coolant Flush & Change
  3. Oil Change
  4. Air filters interior and engine bay replacement
  5. Spark Plugs
  6. Coil Packs
  7. Rotors will be replaced
  8. Timing Chain?
  9. Belts
I know the transmission is sealed and never supposed to be changed out, but some still have I hear. What else do you guys suggest?
Any reason you would not follow the Kia OEM maintenance recommendations in the owner's manual?
Some of the above is recommended, but not all at one time. Maintenance is an ongoing affair with your vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts