Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was Just wondering about my warrenty.First, if I'm spelling it right?
Second. My 3000 mile mark is comming, time for an oil change! Will it void the warrenty on my car if I change it myself? I mean what are the limitations on this warrenty? does anyone know? if I do repaires on it myself, and when something huge happens beyond my control like I blow up the engine will they say when I take it in "tuff luck warrenty is viod." can any one help me? :blink:

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
You can change the oil yourself BUT keep the slips on the oil and filter you bought. Also to keep the warrinty you MUST do the 15,000, 30,000, 60,000 ect service whether your doing it yourself (keep slips again) or getting them to do it...
Mods wise a lot of ppl have had problems getting service done (warrinty wise) if you have modification but that seems to differ from dealer to dealer!
hope this helps!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you really want to get super technical, it is actually illegal for any automobile manufacturer to void your warranty if you modify your car or do not take it to them for service, unless they can prove that the modification, or lack of service is the cause of the said problem.

i.e: Kia, mazda, ford, etc cannot void, say, your powertrain warranty because you installed aftermarket seat heaters.

I actually had this problem once with Volkswagen when they said I no longer had a warranty because I installed an aftermarket sunroof on my New Beetle. Only when I threatened to take them to court did they finally give up on trying to not give me warranty work.

So I hope that helped solve your question :D

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
You are right but it is a hassle to argue with them. for instance a friend of mine installed lowering springs. his power steering something gasket went (or something of the sort) his power steering fluid was leaking everywheres. he brought it in they said void. pay outta pocket. he went as far as contacting kia they set up a meeting about it and even after meeting with high honchos it was still void.
could have contacted lawyer but who wants to take money outta pocket just to get your warrinty back not to mention take time off work to go to court and bla bla bla all the things involved with suing...... my advise if your gonna mod yourself do the matinence yourself or only do mods you can change back to stock in a day!

but it is up to you. I chose to mod and well I lost my warrinty! but the best thing is I made it the 100000 and had no prblems never had to use it anyhow. still going to 120000 now.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
33 Posts
I agree with you on that!

If something small like that seal went, and they didnt want to warrant it, I would just pay for the repair also, to avoid any hassle. It makes me wonder why dealerships do that though, because they make pretty good money off of warranty claims.

In the case of my Volkswagen however, the problems were so big, and so constant, that if I would have not put up a fight, that pile of crap would have cost me thousands of dollars! 73 trips to the shop in 4 years!

However, I have never had a problem yet with Hyundai/KIA warranty. They have been good to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts