1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Soon to be 2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green owner
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Available 10.25-inch inch touchscreen adds:
Haptic feedback buttons
New multi-connection Bluetooth wireless connectivity that allows connection of two phones simultaneously

How friggin cool is that? :)

I've never seen this on any other car.
Here's the link below - very interesting!
I love Kia Media!

2021 Sorento Overview

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige Xline, Aruba Green Ext/Rust Int
60 Posts
Available 10.25-inch inch touchscreen adds:
Haptic feedback buttons
New multi-connection Bluetooth wireless connectivity that allows connection of two phones simultaneously

How friggin cool is that? :)

I've never seen this on any other car.
Here's the link below - very interesting!
I love Kia Media!

2021 Sorento Overview
Wait what? Haptic feedback? I have the 10.25" and there is no Haptic Feedback. And I never have seen this within the options.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige - X-Line (a mouth full)
155 Posts
Why connect two Bluetooth at once?

That link seems to be marketing BS. It basically talks about every "feature" and "improvement" they could imagine from different trims and motors. It also talks up the smallest changes as if they reinvented the wheel: "Body-in-white weight is reduced by 5.6% and overall weight is reduced by 3.1% (119 lbs. ... Average tensile strength is improved by 4% compared to the previous Sorento"). LOL
I think the text could easily include features that are not in all countries or that were planned and not implemented.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why connect two Bluetooth at once?

That link seems to be marketing BS. It basically talks about every "feature" and "improvement" they could imagine from different trims and motors. It also talks up the smallest changes as if they reinvented the wheel: "Body-in-white weight is reduced by 5.6% and overall weight is reduced by 3.1% (119 lbs. ... Average tensile strength is improved by 4% compared to the previous Sorento"). LOL
I think the text could easily include features that are not in all countries or that were planned and not implemented.
Well - If me and my wife are in the car... we can both take calls.

As for the rest of the features and improvements - there they are. Of course it's marketing but they are there and they are true. They could be sued otherwise.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wait what? Haptic feedback? I have the 10.25" and there is no Haptic Feedback. And I never have seen this within the options.
I'm wondering if you need to enable haptic feedback.
Please look into the Multi Connection Bluetooth - that's super handy.

If Kia would deliver my car to the dealership, I'd check myself! LOL!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm wondering if you need to enable haptic feedback.
I think I would have noticed that option by now BUT maybe not. I will have to scour through the options again but it may be something only available on non-American versions.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I would have noticed that option by now BUT maybe not. I will have to scour through the options again but it may be something only available on non-American versions.
The press release is from Irvine, California for Kia North America. I hope there isn't incorrect info in there...

·
Registered
60 Posts
The press release is from Irvine, California for Kia North America. I hope there isn't incorrect info in there...
This is going to drive me nuts to have to wait until work is over to go out and check.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
206 Posts
Seems a bit chaotic to me in terms of how the tech would work. If I'm a passenger, I don't wanna take the call over BT, I want it in my ear. Personally, I find speakerphone to be rude so I avoid it when I can. Then there's the whole privacy thing

I don't see a need to have more than one device connected at a time. As long as I can disable my BT on my phone, and then have a passenger connect to the car with their phone, I'm good. I'm not sure if that's possible unless the car is in PARK, but I think it should work as long as both phones have already established connection in the past. Unless that's the problem they have solved here?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Man there is no Haptic Feedback buttons for the 10.25" screen. I looked and looked and there is no such option. Now I have the American version. I am wondering if anyone from other countries has it on theirs?

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige - X-Line (a mouth full)
155 Posts
Looks like we have enough complaints to sue Kia, with class action, for false marketing about haptic feedback....

·
Registered
2021 SX Prestige X-Line
78 Posts
Confirmed that there is not haptic feedback (unless I just cannot figure out how to enable it). Connecting 2 BT devices is nice though. When I am driving I can still take a call through the system while we stream music from my wife's phone without having to switch back and forth. I believe that only 1 phone will be connected for calls at a time though, ie. if mine is set as priority calls on my wife's phone will not come through the system. I need to verify that though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts