Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sedona 2.9TDi Year 2000
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the exhaust camshaft pulley and then realised that there was only 1 woodruff key but 2 slots in the camshaft pulley. How do I know which slot to put it in? For instance, if I have all my pulleys in the correct orientation suggested my the manual for the timing (ie. with the timing marks for the 2 pulleys next to each other in the middle), where would the woodruff keys be? Would they both be at the top (12 o'clock)?
Have I missed a label on the pulley or something?
Thank you

·
Banned
465 Posts
I removed the exhaust camshaft pulley and then realised that there was only 1 woodruff key but 2 slots in the camshaft pulley. How do I know which slot to put it in? For instance, if I have all my pulleys in the correct orientation suggested my the manual for the timing (ie. with the timing marks for the 2 pulleys next to each other in the middle), where would the woodruff keys be? Would they both be at the top (12 o'clock)?
Have I missed a label on the pulley or something?
Thank you

Key on the cams should be at 12 o'clock and the exhaust cam gear should have the key ways at 9 and 12 o'clock and the inlet gear at 12 and 3o'clock

·
Registered
Kia Sedona 2003
79 Posts
Hope you are progressing, be very interested to here how its going. Mines now SORNED waiting for me to get the motivation to investigate further.

All the best

·
Registered
Kia Sedona 2.9TDi Year 2000
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for asking. We finished the job. We had a blown head gasket and a warped cylinder head. They skimmed the head for me and tested my valves, which were seating surprisingly well. Once it had gone back together it fired up no problem, once we had bled the diesel fuel lines to the injectors. It had developed a new high pitched whirring/whistling noise which sounded like it was coming from the auxiliary belt area. After doing a couple of hundred miles, it appears to have gone much quieter. I think I experienced the same thing when we removed the belts before.
Anyway, this car has given me some big problems to fix, so I wouldn't recommend one whole-heartedly....but it has to be said that when it is working, is does drive rather nicely - loads of power and runs very smoothly on the motorway. My Dad drives an old Nissan Serena. It is the only car to have ever made me feel car-sick. The engine revs so high - it's weird.
We'll have to see what my Sedona has in store for me next. It has an almost new cambelt, a new clutch, a new cylinder head gasket - You never know, it might be the most reliable car ever, from now on.
Did you ever find a TPS?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts