Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Ceed 1.4 5D 2010
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have recently bought a second hand 5D Cee'd, 2010 model. I've noticed that the engine makes a ticking noise, noticeable inside the cabin. I have changed oils to 10W-30, however not oil filter. Furthermore, I have changed also the precat. My technician told me that this is normal noise for this engine.
I have uploaded several videos showing the problem closeup and from inside the cabin. The noise seems to come behind the engine. When I move with a speed in the gearbox without pressing the accelerator pedal, the noise is still noticable, when I press the clutch, the noise goes away. Idling and parked, the noise do not changing when I have pressed the clutch pedal. It's still that annoying tick tick tick, with a frequency very close to that of the revs (about 650 -> 11Hz)

From a search, this can be

• Normal?
  • Valve clearance
  • Chain and chain tensioner
  • Fuel injectors
  • Something related with the precat and the precat heat shield
Any help will be kindly appreciated! Before getting the car to a technician, I would like to know more or less, what to search for.

·
Registered
Kia Ceed 1.4 5D 2010
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have changed oils, the oil filter (I use the genuine one) and the noise is still there... Any ideas what to look for? Noise is noticable even inside the cabin and in low revs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts