Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Spectra5
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to put a new muffler on my 09 spectra5, but I can't seem to find anything that fits. If anyone has done this what did you use? I would like to put on a flowmaster or a cherry bomb glasspack but if there is anything else that does the trick let me know!
p.s. I don't mind cutting off parts of the muffler if need be

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,960 Posts
Wish I could help but staying with stock exhaust... I'm older and need the quiet and it won't do anything for performance :)
Dave

·
Registered
2015 Sorento EX V6 AWD Ebony Black
1,153 Posts
Get yourself a Flowmaster Delta 60 muffler, it's mellow, made for smaller engines to provide the most torque, & gas mileage. It will give you a nice rich deep tone, without that fart can racket!

·
Registered
Spectra5
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya i would definitely consider buying one, but my biggest problem is the install. The exhaust piping is really tricky because it connects over my rear axel, so its hard to find something that fits.

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
Ya i would definitely consider buying one, but my biggest problem is the install. The exhaust piping is really tricky because it connects over my rear axel, so its hard to find something that fits.
Just about any exhaust shop (especially ones with mendrel bend tools) can custom bend the pipe. It's really not that much more to have it custom done at a place that is equipped.

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
get an tig welder from Harbor Freight for $150.00 and weld on. i purchased a magnaflow mufler for mines and cut the resenator out my spec5 and put straight pipe from the sec cat and magnaflow muffler it sounds really good not loud at all.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,960 Posts
Ah...Harbor Freight...My kind of "toy store" :)
Dave

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
lol, yes Dave. I too go to Harbor Freight. The only thing i dont get from there are my sockets and wrenches. I got my Welder, sander, small 3 gallon compressor and a couple of other things. I love it when they send me coupon for free stuff. lol.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Arob why would you put glass packs or even flowmasters on your poor car? if you wanted a V8 chevy you should have purchased a V8 chevy. lol just saying.

·
Registered
Spectra5
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ended up putting a DC Sports straight muffler but got charged way too much to get it installed. I'm looking to do my headers next... any sugestions?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts