Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(according to drivers hanbook, the fuel tank fuel return filter is to be inspected at approx. 16000 miles then replaced at approx. 32000miles.
I would like to know why the filter has to be replaced (checking w/KIA repair total cost of replacement is approx. $200.00...). If fuel cleanliness is such a big problem why not a primary & secondary fuel filter a la diesel instead of one fuel filter.
Hope i'am wrong about the replacement and the effect on the warrenty.
bror
carpe diem

·
Registered
2008 Rio LX, 2007 Honda Shadow (Bike)
73 Posts
I don't know what not changing the filter will do to your warranty but I can tell you that barring some unusual contamination you would probably never have to change it. Some things are recommended to keep kias service departments income up. I've seen vehicles with hundreds of thousands of miles that have never seen a fuel filter change and are doing just fine. I don't know why the return filter would be any different.

·
Registered
2004 Optima 2.4 EX, 2005 Yamaha R1 (street) 2001 GSXR 1000 (track)
1,018 Posts
It's just a maintenance recommendation. Just like your engine air filter or cabin air filter. You don't have to change it, but you should at some point. The filter serves a purpose, and over time it will get dirty/reduce flow. You may never have a problem, but then again, you might. Also know that IF you are to have an issue, the dealer may not cover it if related. In the end, it's up to you.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,693 Posts
The filter is $10.00 at any kia dealership. Pretty cheap!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts