Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
rio, rio5
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the kia service webpage correct.
Do you have to remove engine from bottom like the old beetles?

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
You CAN remove it from the top/front. That's how I pulled the engine in my Sedona. You just have to remove the front bumper and its structure, and remove the radiator assembly and its structure. personally, I think it's easier to go out the top/front because I don't have a lift.

Attachments

·
Registered
rio, rio5
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, That is my problem, if I use the engine hoist to lift the car, it's legs would be in the way of getting the engine out from under it. But hey, I need to take that stuff off to replace the windshield washer pump anyways:confused:

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
There you go, good way to look at it. You shouldn't have any issues.

·
Registered
rio, rio5
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well this is bad, the engine is fine. Now I have to take all that off just for the washer pump.:(

Timing belt snapped while all valves were safely hiding from the pistons. (Idler had major slop in bearing) While up on blocks, rio5 told the rio to blow a coil on me at work. Got home and stole the 5's coil till parts came in. Today rio5 fired up and purrs, just picked up the coil. Was holding off till I found out if I needed a junker with 4 coils.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts