Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at an 09 Borrego LX 4x4 with leather and pwr drivers seat > no other fancy options.
25,800 miles
$15,600
7/17/10 original owner purchase date > I would be #2 - it's sitting in a local dealer and was traded in.

*Question...even with the remainder of 5/60 Kia warranty...my local Kia dealer stocks no parts for this vehicle. How concerned should I be about that? I'm more than able to do basic (water-pump, brakes, mufflers etc) my self after the mfg warranty goes away > but > will ! be waiting weeks for parts from Kia?
*Only built for one year > how problematic are these vehicles???

All feedback will be very helpful!
Thanks, Ray

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego EX V8 2WD
111 Posts
That is a good price. What condition is it in? Parts are readily available. This vehicle is still being produced in many other countries. I have had not had any issues with the local dealer getting parts. Where are you located?

IMO, this has been a very reliable vehicle for my family. We are at 40k now and have never regretted getting it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Woops, the price I'm working on is $16,600 NOT $15,600
Dealer wants $17,000 but I'm making them match another dealer that has one for $16,600
Leather yes, pwr drivers seat yes...no moon roof, no nav, no painted bumper covers, no front/rear comfort zones, no back-up camera.

I'm located in SE-PA

True my local Kia can get parts, but stocks nothing...could that lead to several days to weeks wait??? And what if something is on backorder???
Also other parts stores AutoZone, Pep Boys carries very little if any parts > maybe brake shoes.

Hoping I don't make a mistake with a 'made one year only' pink elephant > if u know what I mean.

Tomorrow should be the deal or no deal day.

·
Registered
GSXR1000, Aprilia SXV550, Aprilia RSV4 Factory
146 Posts
Nowdays dealers (regardless of brand or type) do not stock parts anymore. Parts are centrally warehoused and (generally) readily available, overnight if necessary. If a dealer has a part in stock it usually means it fails alot and it's worth keeping a few on hand.
I have never had to wait more than 1 day for anything on my Borrego.
Robert

·
Registered
Kia Mohave 3.8
16 Posts
This brand cars made ​​in Korea so far. Spare parts are available from stock in Korea and the UAE. Spare parts are not expensive. Interchangeable with the European version, which is called the Mohave
Alex!

·
Registered
Borrego 2009
74 Posts
The Kia shares the drive train with several Hyundai vehicles so those parts are going to be around for a long time. My experience is that parts are available at worse overnight. Usual wear items are generally available at your local auto parts store.

Several Kia models are now made in Georgia which improves parts availability even more. The Borrego/Mohave are still assembled in Korea.

After 30k miles I consider my Borrego probably the best auto I have ever owned over 50 years. And that includes some Lincoln and Jaguar vehicles.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback...
UPDATE > the local Boreago went to auction, the blue wasn't grabbing me all that much...the hunt is still on.
I would rather have a EX with moon roof, Infinity radio, LEATHER, exterior black or silver...and considering the V8 too!
Must be 4x4 ;)

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
That is what I have..

That is what I have, but with the V6. 44k miles so far and no problems. What is nice is that every time I go in for service, the used car manager asks if I want to sell it and if not, come to him before I trade it in to another dealer. No plans to do so, but it is nice to hear that there is some demand for this truck, even used.

Thanks for the feedback...
UPDATE > the local Boreago went to auction, the blue wasn't grabbing me all that much...the hunt is still on.
I would rather have a EX with moon roof, Infinity radio, LEATHER, exterior black or silver...and considering the V8 too!
Must be 4x4 ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts