Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 Sportage, with 86k miles, went crazy yesterday. While I was on the interstate accelerating my parking brake and ABS warning lights came on. Fortunately, I had no trouble braking so I continued to work. However, on my drive home, in addition to the brake warning lights, the ESC, ESC Off, TPMS and 4x4 lights lit up. While the brake warnings stayed lit, the other 4 varied... sometimes all lit, sometimes different ones flashing, going on/off. Since I was getting close to home, I figured I would go to Auto Zone to see what codes were coming up since there were no performance issues. However, one exit from home, there was a weird "shift" in the engine and the engine light came on. I immediately pulled to the side and called a tow truck. (I don't take chances with engine lights.) The auto shop said the engine was fine, and they would run more tests on Monday. Does anyone know what this could be? I'm a single mom dependant on my one vehicle and don't have extra money for repairs, so I don't want the mechanic "trying" lots of things before it is fixed. I would love to know if anyone else has experienced this, and if so, what the problem was and expense of repair. Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
A code reader would help.
(OBD2 reader)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts