Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sportage EX
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08' Sorento has 104,000 on her and runs like a dream. I know I need to change the plugs and have read several posts in here on earlier model spark plug removal and installation. Just wanted to know if anyone has any info or tips on changing the plugs on a 2008 model. Also, I've been worried about the timing belt/chain replacement. I have a 3.3 liter and it seems (from reading other posts) that I should have a timing chain and it doesn't necessarily need changing. Any info on that would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,412 Posts
The plenum needs removed the change the right side plugs. Its pretty straight forward, just remember where everything goes and you shouldn't have a problem.

The 3.3L engine has chains and there is no maintenance required. Keep good, clean oil in it, and change it often. The only issues I have seen on the 3.3Ls have been caused by blatant neglect/lack of maintenance.

·
Registered
2014 Sportage EX
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Glad to get a confirmation on the timing belt. I always keep the oil in great shape. I've been running Mobil 1 full synthetic since I bought her new in 2008. My Sorento is the best running vehicle I've ever owned!! Never had a bit of a problem with her. Also, thanks for the heads up on the plug change too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts