Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in the middle of a headgasket replacement, just got my head back from a shop that tested and milled it flat for me. My issue is when disassembling it I could only remove half of the head bolts, the other half were blocked by a cam, I was able to loosen them enough to remove the head but there wasn't clearance to take them out all the way. The shop must have removed the cam and taken those bolts out before milling. They put the cam back in but didn't think to put those head bolts in first. So I'm looking for the cam bolt torques (and sequence) and if anyone has the head bolt torques and sequences too it would be much appreciated. I wasn't able to find ones for an 08 rio when I searched online.

If theres anything I should pay special attention to when removing that cam feel free to let me know, this is the most work I've done on an engine before so I'm treading lightly.

Thank you in advance

-Chase

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up a 2007 Kie Reo L. X . Broken timing belt (at low speed ) under 35 MPH R/R head kiss # 1 Cyl intake vavle's. I was having same problem with tork spec! When to the Kia dealer in my town talk to there top rack. My spec as fallow ! Tork to 21.7 start center two Bolt's Cris cross work your way out plus 1/4 turn let set 10 to 15 min's unload Bolt's and repeat tork and 1/4 turn. That it. Hope this help.

·
Super Moderator
9,541 Posts
I just picked up a 2007 Kie Reo L. X . Broken timing belt (at low speed ) under 35 MPH R/R head kiss # 1 Cyl intake vavle's. I was having same problem with tork spec! When to the Kia dealer in my town talk to there top rack. My spec as fallow ! Tork to 21.7 start center two Bolt's Cris cross work your way out plus 1/4 turn let set 10 to 15 min's unload Bolt's and repeat tork and 1/4 turn. That it. Hope this help.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts