Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, i replaced my kia AT transmission (08) with an (09) kia spectra AT transmission. The car needed to also have the the transmission placement sensor replaces(i might have the wrong term). So when we replaced that sensor the car check engine light is off but still revs kind of high, and also the car will not go into OD.

I called the dealership and they said the transmission might have to be reprogrammed. Has anybody experienced this and might have any recommendations. The transmission that I have is good, and the check engine lights are off.

Quick recap
I have an 08 kia spectra AT, the transmission was replaced with 09 kia spectra AT. The car will not shift into overdrive and shifts a bit higher now (like 1k rpm).

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all, i replaced my kia AT transmission (08) with an (09) kia spectra AT transmission. The car needed to also have the the transmission placement sensor replaces(i might have the wrong term). So when we replaced that sensor the car check engine light is off but still revs kind of high, and also the car will not go into OD.

I called the dealership and they said the transmission might have to be reprogrammed. Has anybody experienced this and might have any recommendations. The transmission that I have is good, and the check engine lights are off.

Quick recap
I have an 08 kia spectra AT, the transmission was replaced with 09 kia spectra AT. The car will not shift into overdrive and shifts a bit higher now (like 1k rpm).

Thanks!
Okay I have more information. The transmission will shift into OD it just takes it getting to 4.3krpms in 3rd gear. Also we replaced the trottle position sensor, but it still throws the code p0122 even after replacing the sensor.

Any ideas? thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts