Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend has a 2007 Sportage, LX V-6. Great little vehicle! I have run into an issue with it. Just yesterday the cruise control stopped working. The cruise light will come on indicating the crusie control is turned on but it will not set a speed. The set light does not come on.

After past experience with my Chevy Caprice cruise problem and some searching about on this forum, my first thought was the 3rd brake light. Sure enough it is out. Great! Simple fix I assume. Well, I have not taken the light out yet but it looks to me as that it is an LED assembly. Plus, I am having trouble finding a bulb listed for it.

Is this an assemly that has to be replaced or does it have a bulb? Thank you all for the time and have a great day!

Happy Holidays!

Respectfully,

George D.

·
Registered
07 Kia Sportage 2WD, V6, EX
88 Posts
my issue had been the little $5 swith in the break pedal. Sorry, cant help w the rear 3rd light.

there are instructions here Kiachinfo.com on internet explorer only.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sportage LX 2WD 2.0L.
27 Posts
Yeah its a known issue.
Part changed by dealer free of charge.
-----
info from www.kiatechinfo.com

Kia Service Campaign SC077

This bulletin provides information relating to replacement of the stop lamp switch on some
2006 – 2007 Sportage (KM)

The stop lamp switch may have been damaged during the assembly process. As a result, the
stop lamp switch may malfunction causing one or more of the following conditions to exist:
• The brake lights may not illuminate when the brake pedal is depressed.
• The brake lights may remain illuminated when the brake pedal is released.
• On some occasions, when the vehicle is started, the shifter cannot be moved from the
Park (P) position.
• If the vehicle is equipped with Electronic Stability Control (ESC), the ESC light may
illuminate indicating “ESC OFF.”
• If the vehicle is equipped with Cruise Control, depressing the brake may not deactivate
the Cruise Control System

�� NOTICE
There is no charge to the vehicle owner for this repair. Under applicable law, you
may not sell or otherwise deliver any affected Sportage, Rondo, Sorento, Sedona or
Amanti until it has been repaired pursuant to the procedures set forth in this
bulletin.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is this also a symptom of the stop light switch? Now whenever you step on the brake pedal, all the dash lights come on as if you have turned on the headlights. Not the idiot lights but all the gauges and the radio.

I explained to my girlfriend that all I did was replace the blown fuse for the cigarette lighter but she doesn't believe me! LOL!

Thanks everyone!

Respectfully,

George D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.