Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kia Spectra, 1995 Toyota Avalon, 1986 Toyota Pickup
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just joined. Wooowee!

Uhhhhh, need to replace the driver side rear door (electric) on my 2007 Spectra, and was wondering if anyone out there has dependable interchange information.

Being a not-so-common automobile, it's slim pickin's where I live.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
use car-part.com for interchange and availability. They will show what's available
Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CarPart.com is great for finding parts. But, what you really have to do is call the junk yard early in the morning, use the contact name listed for that particular part, and close the deal ASAP while you've got their attention. You'll need access to a fax or email.

I recommend you represent yourself as a collision repair business, otherwise the junk yards completely disregard your email request for quotes (I sent half a dozen to various yards and they were completely ignored), and when you call they put you on hold until you turn blue. I created a dba and a new email account just for the purpose of getting some respect at junk yards, so low I must go to matter in that world.

Precision Auto Parts, Michael Delatorre, is so far great. Will update you if the shipment does not arrive as expected.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
Never had a problem with any yard on parts unless the part is a "high demand" item.
I also didn't need to misrepresent myself...just gave them a name and told them when I'd be in for the part..
I have bought doors, fenders, motors, rack and pinions, windshields, tail lights, radiators, fans, batteries, even interior carpeting...never had any problems.
I don't email I call and get the counter man's name.
Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The economy is booming, and spring/summer is a "hot" time for salvage operations, so it may be a little harder to get through to people than in the past. Basically, the junk yards have enough business now that they can choose who they are going to spend time on--IOW, not DIYers like me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts