Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading an earlier post about a bad bcm acting up in damp/cool conditions and it was doing the exact same thing my car does. the following will not work until the interior of the car warms up : park/tail lights,power windows/locks,rear defrost,instrument lights. In the other thread i read it all led to a bad bcm which is part of the fuse panel. the car in the thread i read was an 04 mine is an 07 my question is is the bcm still part of the fuse panel or is it located elsewhere in the car?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,928 Posts
Yep...It's part of the cab fuse panel...Located to the left of the steering wheel.
You access it through the lower panel (under the steering wheel)..Ther are two hidden screws behind the plastic panel that the door covers when it is closed. This panel can be popped off (no screws) and allows you to gain access to the 2 hidden screws...Then you have two screws on the bottom lower panel you need to remove... The panel then pops off at the top. The trunk lid button and the dash light dimmer ass'ys can be unplugged after pushing in on a plastic tab.
Here some info on the BCM/ETACS module...
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-YuNuTyh57XM1k5aTYtYzNwMlE
Dave

·
Registered
2007 Spectra
7 Posts
I am having to replace mine as well on my 07 Spectra, does anyone know if i order one if it will need to be programmed by KIA?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,928 Posts
Get the part# off of your old one and visit a local salvage/junk yard..
I believe the last three digits is the revision of this part..If you get one with higher numbers you won't have any programing problems...
Also check ebay with your part #.
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts