Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rondo just started only blowing cold air out of the drivers left hand side vent...about 6 months ago the compressor clutch was replaced and everything worked fine . Possible low on freon due to leak? if so were would the leak be or were should i look? Any thoughts the blend door is working . I am thinking leak.

·
Super Moderator
6,807 Posts
leak where?
I am little confused. You get no hot air or no cold air from other vents?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only get cold air coming out of one dash vent all others are warm...i am thing there is a freon leak in one of the ac lines what do you think?

·
Super Moderator
6,807 Posts
No, you can't have freon leak.
If you had first of all you would smell it. Then A/C would fail.

Besides, the evaporator and heater are inline with heater being after the evaporator (the air coming in will hit the evaporator and then, if requested, the heater core).

So, let me get it straight.
Car is stationery. You turn on heat and set the selector to vents. All 4 are blowing air (more or less depending on the speed of the blower, and they do follow the blower), but the direr side is cold, while all others are hot.
You change to cold air and all become cold.
Other settings work fine - floor, windshield. Rear vents work, too.

I want to emphasize that the car is stationery, because if you check it while driving it will affect something.

Now, it this is true (above) we deal with something not allowing the hot air to be directed to this particular vent.
Both side vents are so called "fresh air vents". They are always open even if you stop the flow. The bring fresh air from outside no matter what. Only exception is you close the circulation flap.

Having said that - if the other side (passenger) is hot and both are blowing air - that is weird as being part of the system they should respond same way.

I am not sure if they are vacuum controlled, but if so, I would check all vacuum connections, maybe some actuator is lose...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took it in today apparently the condensor is leaking. And there is something mounted on the firewall holding the two metal lines also leaking $1100 t do the job...apparenty there is .02 freon in the system i did not get the work done.

·
Super Moderator
6,807 Posts
it still does not explain the lack of heat as heater core is located AFTER the evaporator. Hence, whatever was "leaking" would be heated back by the heater core... and all air would mix.

Why would condenser leak? Is it broken/cracked/bent?

1100 - that's a little much... the seal on firewall is easy, maybe access not the best, but doable.
Condenser - not so much labor extensive, but time consuming...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a similar problem with my 2014 Rondo. Cool air on passenger side, warm air on drivers side, when A/C is on. Heat works fine from all vents. Just a problem with A/C.

2014 Kia Rondo
Canada

·
Registered
110 Posts
My 2007 Rondo started blowing cold air ( not real cold ) out the drivers side and almost warm out the passenger side......Long story made short , it was low on Freon from a condenser leak.

$1,100. Sounds way too high.

I did mine for $80 for condenser and $10 for Freon. Took about 3 hours maybe. Everything comes right out from up top, no under car work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2007 Rondo started blowing cold air ( not real cold ) out the drivers side and almost warm out the passenger side......Long story made short , it was low on Freon from a condenser leak.

$1,100. Sounds way too high.

I did mine for $80 for condenser and $10 for Freon. Took about 3 hours maybe. Everything comes right out from up top, no under car work.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I looked on YouTube....only problem was removing spring clamps on some cooling lines in tight places. Since then I bought spring clamp pliers for the tight spaces if I ever do it again.

P.S. I had vacuum pump and gauges from Harbor Freight but you could pay someone or rent for that part of job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts