Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car has ~45,000 miles on it. Tranny fluid is still a nice pink color but I live off of a dirt road. I'm thinking of doing a drain/fill.....overkill maybe? ...since the fluid still has a nice pink color to it.

Also was thinking about doing a drain/fill for coolant too. My question is how would I get the air out of the coolant system after a drain fill?

Thank in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your car is good as you keep it right, so when your living conditions call for sooner than later mods, i would. the reccomended fluid replacement for the coolant is still good.; But you answered your own question. dirt....yea couldn't hurt. as far as how to get the air out. drain it. top it off and keep adding fluid to your resivoir until it's no longer being sucked in your radiator. then fill the overflow to full..

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Coolant at 60,000 and then 30,000 thereafter. Living in dirty conditions, a tranny drain/fill couldn't hurt. Don't forget the timing belt at 60,000 too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts