Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
07 kia optima ex
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, my Kia dealer tells me my '07 optima 4 cyl needs two motor mounts: lower transmission and upper right side (shock absorber). I can deal with the upper right mount but want to get some insights about changing the lower, back, transmission mount. Other day I was under the car to change oil and looked over the trans. mount from below. Seems kind of straight ahead since most if not all the fastening bolts, etc are visible from beneath. I have a little hydrolic jack to lift the engine/trans and a pretty large assortment of tools. All I need is a little experienced advise and encouragement to change the lower, trans motor mount. I thought I'd start at the Kia Tech page (https://www.kiatechinfo.com/) and I did find some pictures of the motor mounting system under "Transmission" info but nothing about how to actually change a motor mount. If you have done this or even heard about it, please tell me what you can.

thanks,
Jim :)

·
Registered
07 kia optima ex
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Today, I opened the hood and while reving the engine in and out of drive/reverse with brake on, could see the engine has a little forward/back play but no side play so it's obvious to me that just the rear mount might be a little loose (but not in desperate need of replacement!).
LOL, those dealers will try to sell us any and everything they possibly can to improve their $$$ intake! Since the trembling at idle has almost disappeared since I changed the serp. belt, I won't bother with those mounts for a while but I'm pretty sure I can change it when the time comes.
WATCH OUT FOR THOSE DEALER SCAMS!!!!!!!!!!
Jim :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts