Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kia Spectra EX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Spectra with 64000 miles which is having issues starting. I live in ND and its cold but have not had many issues until recently. We replaced the battery about a month ago and ever since my car has had issues starting. First it was once a week where I would have to turn my key in the ignition multiple times before it would start up now in the last week I have to jump start it to get it to turn over, which sometimes takes 10+ minutes before it starts. Battery has been checked twice it is fine. Terminals are clean. What could it be? The starter, solenoid? Help please!

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
Is anything being left on in the car? I have times where in my '08 the taillights won't turn off when the door opens. It could be killing the battery overnight, even though there isn't "anything wrong" with it. Just drained, and not enough juice to turn it over.

When it does this, does it try to turn over, or is it as if you never turned the key, or a small click like a relay and nothing else? Interior lights and radio draw so little, that they may still work even if there isn't enough juice to turn the engine over.

·
Registered
2007 Kia Spectra EX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When i turn the key there is a small click and nothing else. I always turn everything off when i leave the vehicle knowing it will kill the battery because it will still draw from it.
I had the battery checked twice after it not starting and the batter had full charge. It wont even start now, in order for it to start we have to jump it. Even when jumping it it sometimes takes up to 10 minutes before it will turn over. I believe its the starter.
:confused:

·
Registered
2007 Kia Spectra EX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will have to inspect all the lights when i get home today to see if anything is staying on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts