Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Have a 1.4 petrol 07 Cee'd (UK) and today I noticed a sort of knock or clank sound coming from the rear right hand side.

It doesnt happen that often, not contstant but I cant find a particular cause, it does it some times under braking from low speeds sometimes on straight roads at low speeds (30mph) and sometimes (but not always at all) on uneven surfaces.

I have had the drop links at the front replaced before and it does not sound like that.

My questions are basically:
1. Anybody have(or heard of) any similar issue?
2. Does the rear have droplinks?
I'm not very mechanically skilled so sorry if this is an obvious question!

I have tried searching and can only find one post that was sort of relevant. I dont know how to link it here but the subject is "suspension noise".

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Take it to a Kia dealer. If it has been maintained correctly it will still be under warranty and will be fixed FOC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An update on this...

I have taken the car to a local service centre (not a Kia dealer, they don't have time for a few days).
They have had the car on the MOT lift and on something called the 'shaker' plate. They test drove it too and did not find any issue.

They suggested that it may be something in the boot. I have looked but can't see anything.

Kia dealer will be taking a look shortly..

·
Registered
Ceed '3' 1.6 CRDI 114bhp 2012reg
114 Posts
Hi,
Have a 1.4 petrol 07 Cee'd (UK) and today I noticed a sort of knock or clank sound coming from the rear right hand side.

It doesnt happen that often, not contstant but I cant find a particular cause, it does it some times under braking from low speeds sometimes on straight roads at low speeds (30mph) and sometimes (but not always at all) on uneven surfaces.

I have had the drop links at the front replaced before and it does not sound like that.

My questions are basically:
1. Anybody have(or heard of) any similar issue?
2. Does the rear have droplinks?
I'm not very mechanically skilled so sorry if this is an obvious question!

I have tried searching and can only find one post that was sort of relevant. I dont know how to link it here but the subject is "suspension noise".

Thanks in advance.
Had a similar problem, noise at low speeds on braking. It was a small stone in disc/calliper, very difficult to find. Another scenario was a broken rear spring. When car was jacked up, couldn't see any broken spring. However, there was the first bit of the coil missing which again was very difficult to see as it was only about 8cms in length. If it wasn't for a 'bang', would have never found the broken off bit on the floor or found the fault visually.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that wurzel, sound likely it could be something like that.
And possibly difficult to spot.

I have it booked in at a Kia service centre this weekend so they can have a look.

·
Registered
2014 Cee'd 3 DCT petrol
75 Posts
I had same problem. It was a suspension issue. Dealer fixed it under warranty.
I can't recall exactly what was changed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.