Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I'm a new member here. I've done timing belts on probably a dozen cars, but never on a Kia.

Does anybody have a complete list of parts recommended / needed? Are there any single-use (torque-to-yield) bolts anywhere in the engine mount system?

Here's my list so far. Please help me add to it.

Timing belt
Tensioner
idler pulley
Water pump
accessory belt

Also, it seems that there was some kind of production change on May 22, 2006. Does anybody know what the difference is pre & post? i don't know what the date of the car is (but i'll check)

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia, 2016 Kia Optima SXL, 2019 Kia Soul Plus
1,108 Posts
Hey everybody,

I'm a new member here. I've done timing belts on probably a dozen cars, but never on a Kia.

Does anybody have a complete list of parts recommended / needed? Are there any single-use (torque-to-yield) bolts anywhere in the engine mount system?

Here's my list so far. Please help me add to it.

Timing belt
Tensioner
idler pulley
Water pump
accessory belt

Also, it seems that there was some kind of production change on May 22, 2006. Does anybody know what the difference is pre & post? i don't know what the date of the car is (but i'll check)
No torque-to-yield bolts related to the timing belt replacement. The list you have so far is good. As far as production change, I don't believe it changed anything in the engine, just the body, but check your production date and verify you get the right parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts