Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 KIA Spectra EX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving to the store today, and my low oil pressure light came on, pulled over in the parking lot right away, noticed oil leaking from passenger side under car, oil was changed 2k miles ago..

Check engine light also came on, any idea as to what it could possibly be? Have 102k miles on the car.

Thanks to any help!

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,924 Posts
Don't drive it until you know for sure WHY the oil is leaking and you have oil back in the engine...
Get it towed to a good mechanic if you can't see where the oil is coming out of.
That said...

The oil filter is on that side and may be leaking around the rubber seal.
You may have also serious problems like a rod through the side of the engine (Lord I hope not)

I remember a poster that had a damaged rod bearing cause from a very short run of the engine with no oil pressure. The OIL light was on...

My son last year had to replace the 2.4L engine in his 04 Mazda 6 because the "instant lube" store damaged the rubber ring on the replacement oil filter and he lost most of the oil...Damage was near instantanious to the engine...

Dave

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
like Dave said the filter is on that side. theres a couple of time when i replaced my oil filter i forgot to check to make sure the ring on the filter came off with the old filter. but only to find out that the old ring was still in the oil filter housing ontop of the new filter and new ring. it didint seal properly. i notice that one time and did it again another time. the mechanic can easily forget specially when he/she is rushing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts