Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Spectra EX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, This is my first time attempting this...
I drained the system, took out the reservoir and dumped it too, added water and ran it again for 15 minutes, drained it again.
Then put in new coolant.. and then it stops taking it in before it even gets to the entire 1 gallon container of new coolant.. the system is 8.6qts = 2.15 gallons....

So I run it and run it and run it, the fan cycles just once in a long period, then it takes the rest of the coolant and now I'm onto the water part, but now it seems to just be sitting and taking forever longer... is this my fate?
Is there no air bleed valve? I cannot find mention of it anywhere and I am not about to mess with the orange/yellow nub thing to the left of the radiator :eek:

Please help I'd like to get this over tonight ? if possible lol

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Spectra EX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, This has become a big frustrating mess.. (thank you for your reply btw)
The manual specifically states 8.6 qts for the "initial fill".
I now have ran the car at least an hour with the heater running without heater running. the fans have cycled at least 4 times total and the last 2 cycles did not produce anymore liquid intake... So can this mean it is full? or could there still be air inside?
If it is full then that also means it has 90%+ antifreeze in it and practically no water... and based on what the manual says the antifreeze should be no more than 60% or less than 35% antifreeze and the rest water...
My mechanic friend said another possibility is waiting overnight to see if it settles down more.. but at this point it seems that any settling is to be expected and if I add more liquid it will just overflow when it runs and heats up...
This is all very confusing!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts