Kia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sedona LX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 06 Sedona LX the rear temperature control cannot be adjusted.When I press the up or down arrow the light stays in the middle.The fan works just can't adjust the temperature.
Any ideas what it may be? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2004 Optima 2.4 EX, 2005 Yamaha R1 (street) 2001 GSXR 1000 (track)
1,018 Posts
We have had some instances where the HVAC head unit locks up. Try disconnecting power for a few minutes and rechecking it. You can unhook the battery, unplug the HVAC unit, or remove the related fuses. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sedona LX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sort of did.The problem doesn't happen all the time.When it does I switch over to rear control and adjust it from the back.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Does car have AUTO CLIMATE CONTROL?
Our car does
It would be greatly appreciated if you verify what is being displayed on the Auto Climate control panel:

Please post your reply in this thread:
AUTO CLIMATE CONTROL, chair/person icon, rec/fresh lights stay ON when system OFF?

http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-carnival-sedona-2006/79930-auto-climate-control-chair-person-icon.html

On last service dealer ran the battery dead, jumped the car off, then... did a FAST instead of slow charge on the battery... I'm concerned they may have "fried" the A/C controller module.

·
Registered
263 Posts
On my 06 Sedona LX the rear temperature control cannot be adjusted.When I press the up or down arrow the light stays in the middle.The fan works just can't adjust the temperature.
Any ideas what it may be? Thanks in advance.
I sort of did.The problem doesn't happen all the time.When it does I switch over to rear control and adjust it from the back.
Does car have AUTO CLIMATE CONTROL?
No,Its manual
No,Its manual
In the shop manual, there should be a procedure to put it into diagnostic mode.

·
Registered
2006 sedona lx
18 Posts
have/had the same problem in my 06. Took it to the dealer back when it was under warranty and they could never recreate the problem.

I found the "solve" for it was just to tap on the plastic next to the up/down buttons, kind of where the little lights are-- and magically all the lights would come back on with one or two firm taps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts