Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Sedona that the driver side sliding door only works manually. I read another thread where someone mentioned the fuel door safety switch. I found a Kia part number, 815404D100, and it's not very expensive. My question is this. Is there anyone that has replaced this switch and it fix their problem and if so how do you get to it? Is it something that I might be able to take out and clean contacts? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have an 06 Sedona that the driver side sliding door only works manually. I read another thread where someone mentioned the fuel door safety switch. I found a Kia part number, 815404D100, and it's not very expensive. My question is this. Is there anyone that has replaced this switch and it fix their problem and if so how do you get to it? Is it something that I might be able to take out and clean contacts? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I am unable to check right now, but I think the switch is held in by 2 bolts. If not you take the trim panel off on the inside of the car most likely.

How switch operates:

When fuel filler door is OPEN, it tells controller for door to NOT OPEN THE DOOR.

Be grateful you didn't have a situation the door opened while getting fuel.

The door will come back, damage the fuel filler door and depending on how it interacts with the gas pump handle as the door slides back it will damage the wheel arch.

Got one right now like that, damage around $1,300.

Malfunction occurred while in warranty - hence mfg is responsible is my position on the matter.
As with say a fuel line that was improperly crimped and let loose spraying fuel, that fuel igniting and damages the car if the event occurred while car was in warranty mfg should be required to pay to restore customers care... Not just replace the fuel line itself.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sedona LX
71 Posts
I know there is a mechanical catch for the non-power doors on the base model. I had a brain fart and tried to open the sliding door while pumping gas and it prevented me from doing so, and my LX is not equipped with power sliding doors.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,412 Posts
There is a mechanical safety on both the power and manual doors, with the addition a switch on the power doors. Another more likely thing to cause your problem is a bad unlatch motor. It will set a code in the door module and prevent operation. It may be best to get it properly diagnosed before you just start replacing parts. Even if there is a charge, it may end up saving you money in the end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts