Kia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia, 2016 Kia Optima SXL, 2019 Kia Soul Plus
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a customer came in saying there is a noise in the engine. Ok, thought it was the normal idler pulley that likes to go out. The pictures can only explain the fight the engine was having with the oil. The vehicle has 127k miles on it, with its last visit to the dealer at 98k miles with no oil change done at that time.

·
Registered
2004 Optima 2.4 EX, 2005 Yamaha R1 (street) 2001 GSXR 1000 (track)
1,018 Posts
Damn!! That's probably the worst I've seen. Once I had one where the husband drove the van, and hadn't changed the oil in about 30K miles. I think the filter was being held together by the sludge. Upon telling and showing, his wife smacked him in front of us. It was quite amusing. I performed the oil change (which I had to upsell by the way, because of course that's not why he was at the shop) and sent them on their way...

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,960 Posts
So....was the engine operational after changing oil/oil filter/cleaning out the pan.
Don't leave us in the dark! I'm terribly curious of it's outcome.
Dave

·
Registered
Toyota Prius, Kia Sedona
3 Posts
You can't refer to this as an engine failure. It's a murder!

Guy's probably out there bad mouthing the car on top of it all.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
30k miles (at least) without an oil change? Just proves it is REALLY hard to kill the Lambda engine.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento, 2015 Honda Pilot. 2004 Honda Element, 2013 Triumph Speedmaster
31 Posts
WOW!!! :eek: We're you able to bring it back from the dead (or sludge)?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts