Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a 2006 kia rio, and the crankshaft position sensor is bad. i need to know the location of it. remember its the crankshaft position sensor! any help would be great thanks in advance and about how much time it takes to change the part out.

·
Registered
2007 Rio5, 2012 Sorento EX-V6
112 Posts
Check out kiatechinfo.com.com. Register, and you can essentially view the entire manual for you car online.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2007 Rio5 M/T
40 Posts
Okay. Do you see where the exhaust comes out of your engine at the front of the car? That sensor that plugs into it is your oxygen sensor. Follow the wire to where it clips to a plug. Directly under it, attached at the same spot is the wire for your crankshaft position sensor. Disconnect your oxygen sensor wire to be able to get at it. You'll see that the crankshaft sensor connection has a wire clip that comes off by sliding towards the radiator, grab it with needle-nose pliers and don't lose it. Follow the wire down to the engine and you've got your location. The bolt holding the sensor on is 10mm. Getting it out may take some effort depending on the corrosion around it. When you put the new one in, use a little grease on the seal and make sure it's all the way seated before you tighten the bolt all the way or you'll break the plastic and it needs to be all the way seated to work right. Best of luck, just went through this thing going bad myself.

I had problems getting the new sensor in there correctly because my Michigan car has some rust around the opening so it took around half an hour.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts