Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have no idea what to do at this point. I bought my Kia brand new and at its age and mileage I expect a few issues. But this one is beyond me. The housing for the tail light (the white part you put the bulb into with the wires coming out from it) started to burn out, so I ordered new ones from Kia no big deal, until the turn signal one did not fit into the tail light assembly (the big red part you see on the outside of the car). Kia parts department pulled up the VIN but they said its the correct wiring harness. I have never changed out the housing assembly never been in an accident, they have NEVER been removed. The parts guys checked other years, production dates, it all points to the part that doesn't fit. Anyone have any idea the whys and how this might have occurred? Or what I have to do? Someone told me I would have to buy new housing assembly. I don't like the idea of spending $400 because the wires that came with my car dont fit what Kia makes now and no one can explain why my car has the ones that it does. I need HELP!

·
Registered
06 KIA Spec5, 2000 HD Roadking
1,515 Posts
Assuming this is a U.S. model, then are you saying the bulb socket does not fit into the housing? If that is the case then one could assume the KIA parts guy does not know what he is doing, ordered the wrong part, or the part is labeled wrong. I would suggest taking the part back, getting your money back and then going to a wrecking yard and cutting the sockets off of a wreck and splice them in. It will only cost you a couple of bucks then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well there was some good news. The part is made by Kia but is not in their catalog. So when the parts guy pulled the VIN it did not pull up the part needed. So at least I know now and if anyone else has this issue there part does exists!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts