Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I am looking for the srs module location and how to remove, the car was in an accident so i need to get it reset. along with everything else in the air bag system.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,954 Posts
The SRS module is located in the front of the center console just under the dash.
If you look on ebay there are places that will "reset" your SRS module for a reasonable price OR visit your local bone yard and get one out of a donor that the air bags did not go off on. The KIA dealer can not reset this module.
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so i removed the center console and the front center side panels the only thing i see is the heater/ AC ducting and the A/c condensor. Over to the left of the column under the dash there is a computor box. could this be it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
ok so i removed the center console and the front center side panels the only thing i see is the heater/ AC ducting and the A/c condensor. Over to the left of the column under the dash there is a computor box. could this be it?
That's the BCM. I don't think that's the same thing. You might try kiatechinfo.com for diagrams on where it is and how to remove it. Although the fount of knowledge that is DaveSpectra might be able to help you further as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts