Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 Spectra EX w/ 113k on it. Had the car since new and have kept up all maintenance etc. Now, speedometer, odometer, and cruise not working when it comes to operating temp. Have replaced the input speed sensor, output speed sensor, the VSS (vehicle speed sensor w/gear) and the speedo cluster. Still same issue. I have read many people having the same issue, but no one seems to have found a solution yet. Anyone in the Kia forum have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2004 and 1/2 kia spectra
1 Posts
Speedometer \ Odometer Issues

I am having the t same issue with my 2004 Spectra. I too replaced all those exact items. I found one website that tells me to trace the green wire with orange stripe from the output shaft speed sensor (as Kia refers to it) and follow it thru the driver's side kick panel, and continue up to where it enters the speed harness at the cluster. Usually there is some kind of short in this wire and causes the speedo to act erratically. I am going to try it tomorrow as I think I have nothing else to lose after speeding months countless dollars at this problem. Saturday errands take precedence before auto repair. Home ownership takes most of my free time

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am having the t same issue with my 2004 Spectra. I too replaced all those exact items. I found one website that tells me to trace the green wire with orange stripe from the output shaft speed sensor (as Kia refers to it) and follow it thru the driver's side kick panel, and continue up to where it enters the speed harness at the cluster. Usually there is some kind of short in this wire and causes the speedo to act erratically. I am going to try it tomorrow as I think I have nothing else to lose after speeding months countless dollars at this problem. Saturday errands take precedence before auto repair. Home ownership takes most of my free time
I understand that "Honey do" jobs come first. Thanks for your reply.

I have found that wire going into the fuse box under the hood, but there are no fuses or relays that deal with the speedo, cruise, etc. Mine seems to kick off when it gets hot, or up to operating temp. I'm trying to find a wiring diagram for that box.

Again, thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts