Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently i replaced valve covers, spark plugs, ignition coils, o2 sensors, timing belt and tensioners, new belts thanks to this site and all whom are willing to post!.... but once finished i think i might have overtightened the ac belt cuasing my ac to go out. now the ac clucth does not engage. i think all i damaged was the ac clutch coil does any one know if the whole compressor has to be replaced or just the coil? also does any have pic they may have done this before?

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,483 Posts
I had trouble with the connector on the clutch. Before you tear it apart check the wire and then put 12 volts to it. It should click when power is applied. I had to put a new connector on it. I also extended the wire so it would be easier to disconnect when needed.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,504 Posts
Yes, you can buy the clutch parts separate from the compressor. Are you in the USA?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yes i am in the US. i did notice autzone had it. but i wasnt sure of all the special tools needed to do the job. i plan on just repairing it with out removing the compressor to avoid discharging and charging back up. so if any have any pics of this clutch coil and bearings removal i would love to see them. thanks
also i did check the line voltage and i do get around 14v, so i connected it directly with battery but still no clutch energizing. i do believe it is all i burned up with the overtighten belt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts