Kia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,'11 Dodge Journey AWD,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,510 Posts
Wow, that long with an open fuel line? Diesel fuel will go bad over that stretch of time along with the filter. I'd suggest a NEW filter and remove fill cap and back air press blow the line back to the tank. As according to what I understand from member gee6 that there is no "low press. lift pump in the tank on your year. This could explain the sometimes fuel and other times only a little flow. Better yet would be to drain the fuel tank check the inside of it for debris as gee6 talked of, repair as required and use FRESH diesel fuel.
I was under the impression that this was a short duration timewise motor swap. Not such a long time all apart.
Good Luck and we are here to help! :)

·
Administrator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,454 Posts
i have a 2005 kia sorento 2.5 crdi and i replace the engine 2 weeks ago and to date i will not start ,,, any idea i am fedup
I was under the impression that this was a short duration timewise motor swap.
Looks like the OP has finally come around to understand the need for as much pertinent info upfront.

·
Administrator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,454 Posts
@ member gee6
Thanks for coming onto this thread with your EXPERIENCE and WISDOM about these Diesel vehicles. I've noted many of your postings relating to the Diesel motors and you have always come across as "spot on". These type motors are not as widely used or maintained by the general public or DIY type membership on the forum particularly here in the USA. We love our GAS(petrol) engines more! ;) :)
@gee6 reminds me of a Diesel Fitter I knew that worked in a ladies lingerie shop.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
What aspect of that do you mean as a Diesel Fitter?.... An INSPECTOR of the product? Examining the work and saying DIESEL FITTER, and then off to shipment???....MAN, that was OLD when I was YOUNG!..ROFL :0

·
Diesel Pro
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
2,183 Posts
@gee6 reminds me of a Diesel Fitter I knew that worked in a ladies lingerie shop.
Nope, not me :)

I did work in a shoe shop when I was a kid - so the same principles apply ......and the view was sometimes better ?

The Royal Navy taught me to strip and rebuild diesel engines. (amongst other things).

I ran my own inspection company before I retired.

So, close.

·
Registered
2005 kia sorento 2.5 diesel
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
My kia family,,, how are Everyone ? I am stuck in the USA because of the coronavirus but will give update as soon as I get back to Jamaica
Stay safe and coronavirus free
ONE LOVE

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
And you also stay safe and healthy! Yes this Virus is putting a lot of things on "hold", let's hope that it won't be around for as long as your vehicle has been down before getting that new "heart"!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hi everyone I do hope everyone is doing great. Still waiting to go home but a friend went and do some troubleshooting on the vehicle 2 days ago and found no at main fuel pump and injectors,,, he also found burnt wire under the dashboard..he would like to know if there's another OBDII port location different from the one under the hood
Thanks for your speedy inputs

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
NO POWER AT MAIN FUEL PUMP
Well, sounds like you now have a diagnosis to follow to fix that power problem...and HOPEFULLY get that "new heart" beating thus saving the patient! Check fuse and then wiring connection at the tanks pump
Good Luck! :)

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Sorry, but I neither have your type vehicle or schematics for it to help. You posted no power to the in tank pump. my question for further understanding is this....
Did you check at fuse panel for fuse or relay for the in tank pump or how you found no power at the pump? I'm trying to figure out if this is a wiring issue or bad pump. I don't think that OBD11 port scanning will help you on this condition.

Also do you mean power not at engine mounted high press pump or the in tank fuel pump?

·
Diesel Pro
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
2,183 Posts
OK Guys, some clarity for you. There is no fuel pump at the tank. (Diesel models) The pump is mechanical, run off the timing chain. It is a 2 stage pump (low & High pressure combined). So "no power at pump" is not a clear diagnostic. Injectors will be inhibited in any low fuel pressure situation, so again "no power/fuel" at injectors is not a clear diagnostic.

OBDII port is under dash below steering column.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thank you gee6 ,, as I mention before I am not doing this troubleshooting but I was told that there's no power at the pressure pump and there is burn wires under the dashboard I was also information that when the grounds wire was removed from the computer box there was low voltage at pressure pump and injectors but when replacing the ground wire the power was lost

·
Administrator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,454 Posts
Thank you gee6 ,, as I mention before I am not doing this troubleshooting but I was told that there's no power at the pressure pump and there is burn wires under the dashboard I was also information that when the grounds wire was removed from the computer box there was low voltage at pressure pump and injectors but when replacing the ground wire the power was lost
It would be far better for you if you took the vehicle to a qualified mechanic.

Reactions: Lou O.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hello my kia family,,I hope everyone is well and keeping themselves safe
Ok I am back in Jamaica and took a volunteer and started to check all the sensor and the first one was the fuel rail pressure sensor and it was defective so I replace it and the engine start up the first try
Now I'm putting back everything together and going for a test drive,,,, BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE,, WORK OF KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE ,,, GOD BLESS YOU ALL

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Good to hear that YOU finally got back home and safely also! Even better news that once home that the problem was found and FIXED! :)

Reactions: gee6

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Hey kia family,, my mechanic change some fuel lines on my 2005 Kia sorento crdi diesel a few days ago and now the primer pump on the fuel filter is stuck in the down position
Does anyone have the diagram for the fuel system please

21 - 40 of 42 Posts