Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I just got a 05 kia rio, and the fuel gauge stays stuck at whatever gas level it has, should I change the sending unit sensor? And also when I accelerate from a stop sign it kinda bugs out for a second then continues normal, any ideas where I can start checking , thank you so much..

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. http://www.kiatechinfo.com/ for service info schematics and more free in the usa. Please fill out your profile where you live and how many miles on it. Anyhow i had to change my sending unit on my 02 because it was very erradict with it's readings filled it up and it said 1/4 tank sometimes it would indicate full or 1/2 tank sometimes i seem to remember. 2 years ago i believe it cost me 40 dollars for the part at the dealer not to hard to change. Have you done the maintenance on the car plug's wires and whaterver did you mean bogging out and not bugging out? LOL go over your intake and fuel system. Good luck with it. Reguard's Ronjohn

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
Don't forget the timing belt... It's MOST CRITICAL!!
You probably have over 60k miles and most definitely over 5yrs on the car..
The engines on these cars are interference type and they are VERY scarce/ expensive to replace (168k $1000).
They can be very reliable cars "if" maintained properly.
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts