Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any tell me where the cabin air filter is located. I have accessed the small compartment behind the glove box, but there is no old filter there. I can see the side of the heater core. I have had the car since new and I know I havnt taken it out. Autozone suggests part caf1801 which is a set of 2 small filters that interlock, and advanced auto suggests a a filter thats looks to be 1 larger filter. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Frank
2005 Optima EX V6

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,724 Posts
Your Optima didn't have one from the factory. Kia didn't start to put them in untill 2006. You can out one in if you like. The correct one would be the large one.

·
Registered
06 Optima
23 Posts
I have just been through this a few months ago, Kia didn't start putting them in until the new body style change. There is a slot there because Hyundai which makes most Kia parts, i.e Sonata is the sister model to the Optima. So here is what I found out, and installed in my 06 old body style, same as yours.

It is a 2 piece deal, Hyundai part 9761-93D000, and Beck/Arnley make one, part 042-2071. Don't buy the large one piece, it wont fit, I have one on my shelf in the garage that does not work.

You drop the glove box, take that little door off, slide one part of the filter in then down into the opening, the next half of the filter slides in on top of the one you just put in, put the door back on and there you go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts