Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting several different answers concerning this code (0447) which I failed inspection for a check engine light. Is it the purge valve near the charcoal canister by the gas tank or the canister soleniod up by the engine. I did replace the one by the gas tank about eight months ago could it have gone bad already. Is there a way to check with an ohm meter? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
I'm getting several different answers concerning this code (0447) which I failed inspection for a check engine light. Is it the purge valve near the charcoal canister by the gas tank or the canister soleniod up by the engine. I did replace the one by the gas tank about eight months ago could it have gone bad already. Is there a way to check with an ohm meter? Any help would be appreciated thanks.
its more than likely its the one by the canister by the tank. they seems to fail alot because of over fueling. i had to replaced mine also twice and told myself one the nozzle/gas pump stop i dont need to force more fuel in the tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts