Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2004 Spectra EX in February with 83000 miles on it. No problems so far until last week randomly my AC stopped working and blowing. It started intermittent but now when you turn the knob nothing happens. Not sure what the issue could be but when it was intermittent before it stopped completely it sort of made a low buzzing noise when it would work. Not a big car guy so not sure what the issue is but is very hot out and need my AC. Fuses check out fine and had the fuse box checked to make sure everything was good and it is. When I turn it on if I put my hand right at the vent I can feel cold air barely coming out but don't feel it. Any suggestions would be great.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
Chances are the blower motor (located under passenger/right side) has gone bad. Try rapping the motor with your hand and see if it starts... They are pretty cheap on ebay right now (under $40 shipped). Be sure you know if the car is an 04 or an 04.5 (model change)
Dave

·
Super Moderator
6,866 Posts
Under the glove box... actually above the glove box
Look at vin plate for date of manufacture..
Contact cobra259 here (in a pm) with a VIN# and date.
Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just went out to my car and smacked the blower and it all started working. I was right underneath the glove box. I believe there is a part number on it as well in case I need to replace it in the future. I went on ebay and most of the blowers say for all models 04 to 09 every trim. Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
6,866 Posts
Like I said be careful as there was a model change mid year of 2004 and they may be claiming "04" to mean "04.5"... Look to see "if" 03 to early 04 motors are the same...
Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts