Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having trouble with my o4 spectra, replaced compressor then pressure switch, and still not able to get system running. out of options or ideas.
all fan speeds work, vents blow air, but not outside temp., warmer, and sometimes kicks out hotter air.
any suggestions or comments welcome.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
Hi eyeguy..
We don't have much to go on from what you gave us...
We don't know your qualifications as far as your working on the AC system.
You said you replaced the compressor and pressure switch but made no mention of evacuating and recharging the system again...You did not mention "if" the compressor clutch was activated.. Is the heavy aluminum line getting cold? How much R134a was put into the system (charge)? We don't know what you know about car AC systems so we can't communicate intelligently with you...
There are doors/flaps inside the heater/AC box that MUST move to the correct position or you end up mixing the air from the heater core with the air from the evaporator and end up with "warm~hot" air..
What was the reason for the repair attemps?
Answering some questions may get us on the same track...
Dave (in Massillon,Ohio)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave, thank you for your reply.
I took my car to 2 different garages, and got the same report that the compressor was shot. got a tested unit from a salvage yard, and had it replaced. the mechanic said thecompressor was working fine, but not engaging long enough to cycle. this made him think the pressure switch was bad also. i got the pressure from the same car the compressor was purchased, and he said that did not solve the prob lem and he had hit a dead end with no idea what else to do. and that he had too much time tied up in it to continue working on it so i am back to square one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave, thank you for your reply.
I took my car to 2 different garages, and got the same report that the compressor was shot. got a tested unit from a salvage yard, and had it replaced. the mechanic said thecompressor was working fine, but not engaging long enough to cycle. this made him think the pressure switch was bad also. i got the pressure from the same car the compressor was purchased, and he said that did not solve the prob lem and he had hit a dead end with no idea what else to do. and that he had too much time tied up in it to continue working on it so i am back to square one.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
Did he try the "expansion valve" also? If it's bad that could cause your problems.
Will the compressor run if the pressure switch is bypassed?

The AC (HVAC) computer may be bad and not supplying the voltage to turn on the AC clutch (so compressor will turn). It is located behind the heat/AC controls on the dash

Was the system left in an "open to outside air" condition for any period of time?
Dirt may have gotten into the "system"...

Did the mechanic get any pressure readings while trying to diagnose the problems.... They WILL tell you a lot about what is going on within the system.
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts