Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the holiday I installed the OEM remote start kit I bought from Garvey Auto Group in NY. Part # is UB040-AY130. Install went smooth. All security features work fine. The system "learned" in tach mode. Everything went as the install and set up manual indicated, however when I try the remote start feature I get 4 horn chirps and no start. The only splicing I had to do was for the hood switch (which had a 2 wire set ready to splice to in the supplied harness) and a green/black wire that spliced into another green/black wire at the passenger kick. I hardwired them rather than use the quick splice gadgets they supplied. The Owners Manual states that 4 chirps indicates the trunk is open. It is not. Do you have any insight?

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia, 2016 Kia Optima SXL, 2019 Kia Soul Plus
1,110 Posts
Over the holiday I installed the OEM remote start kit I bought from Garvey Auto Group in NY. Part # is UB040-AY130. Install went smooth. All security features work fine. The system "learned" in tach mode. Everything went as the install and set up manual indicated, however when I try the remote start feature I get 4 horn chirps and no start. The only splicing I had to do was for the hood switch (which had a 2 wire set ready to splice to in the supplied harness) and a green/black wire that spliced into another green/black wire at the passenger kick. I hardwired them rather than use the quick splice gadgets they supplied. The Owners Manual states that 4 chirps indicates the trunk is open. It is not. Do you have any insight?
The owners manual states the 4 chirps is if the trunk is open when the alarm is tripped. The latest and greatest troubleshooting guide states 4 chirps and no start indicates that the tach rate programming has not been learned correctly.

Go through the tach learn programming again. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks, Pacosworld. I think I had the hood open during the tach programming. The car responded as the manual stated (chirp every 3 seconds during programming), but maybe with the hood up it doesn't save??? Anyway, I'll give it another try when I get home this evening. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
04 Sorento EX Remote Start Issue

Pacosworld, I followed the programming guide multiple times and I still get the 4 chirps & no start. I metered the hood switch. It functions like a switch should, so I guess I can rule that component out. Do you have any suggestions as to why this thing won't learn in tach programming mode?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts