Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
No longer own a Kia vehicle so no longer visiting this forum.
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front parking brake cable has broken on my 04 Sedona and I have the new parts but wondering if anyone can tell me how to remove the end of the cable from the foot pedal? The end of the cable has a simple round eye loop and there is a pin in the pedal mount that should just slip out (after removing the clip holding the pin) however there is not enough space inside the pedal housing to slide the pin out far enough to release the cable.

I spent an hour trying to figure out how to get the cable off and just got extremely frustrated with the way this housing was designed. What am I missing here? It's got to somehow be easily removable. It's an easy repair if I can just get the cable off the pedal ... don't want to have to pay big bucks to a garage to do this!

·
Registered
No longer own a Kia vehicle so no longer visiting this forum.
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Somehow I didn't think this would be such a hard question. Over 150 views and not one answer. Anyway, have to go to the garage with another problem that I can't fix so might as well get them to do to it now.

·
Registered
04 Kia Sedona, 02 Saturn sc1, 95 Ford 350
1 Posts
having this same issue myself right now

im experiencing the same trouble right now as above. how do we remove the brake cable from the pull release handle and or foot peddle mechanism. any input would be greatly appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts