Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have an 04 Kia Rio with an automatic transmission. I just did an engine swap in it, and when you turn the key you get.....nothing. The only thing I get is a clicking noise that is coming from a box (some sort of BCM i'm guessing) that is bolted to the floor below the radio/hvac stuff. While doing the engine swap my dad has being taking the interior out of the car, so I am wondering if something that affects the car starting could have gotten disconnected. Where is the neutral safety switch located on these cars? Any ideas guys? I don't know the history of the car but is was supposedly running before the engine went south. The only fuse I see that is marked 'start' is good. I am thinking the ignition switch is working because I do not get a clicking from the box I described earlier until I attempt to start the car, I am thinking if this was bad I would not get anything anywhere.

*also I am getting power at the starter because I made the mistake of trying to tighten one of the nuts on the stater while the battery was hooked up...kinda made a spark:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fixed it. The transmission cable was not being held in the proper position. Once I got that lined up the car cranked and started fine. Now I am dealing with a huge water leak at the water inlet on the water pump....which is a pain in the a$$ to get to with the engine in the car and the acessories on. I have already un bolted the power steering pump and a/c compressor. I am waiting on the gasket to get here at the Kia dealership.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts